Google updated its Google+ for Android app today, and the most notable tweak allows users to join Hangouts on Air from their mobile devices.
That is not all: Teens can now create and join Hangouts from their mobile devices too. Apparently, they could not before, but Google now lets them take advantage of the social network’s premier video-chat feature on an Android-based smartphone or tablet.
Additional updates include:
- - Floating timestamp in photos view
- - Shortcuts for post creation
- - Ability to report abuse in Events
Screenshots of the updated app are below.
- Gmail video conferencing gets updated to hangouts, tops out at 9 additional participants (9to5google.com)
- Google working on merging Hangouts, Talk and Messenger into a unified service (9to5google.com)
- Google Now interface rolls out to Google searches performed on mobile devices (9to5google.com)
The latest version of Google+ for Android is at the Google Play store.