Samsung has just officially announced the world’s first curved-display smartphone, dubbed the Galaxy Round. We first saw photos of the Round earlier today from smartphone leaker @evleaks. The phone will only be available in Korea and will only come in one color, “Luxury Brown”—at least for now. If and when the phone will make its way to the United States and other markets is still unknown, though we expect that it will eventually make the transition.
The Round sports an impressive array of hardware features, including a massive 5.7″ Full HD Super Flexible AMOLED display; 3 GB of RAM; 2,800mAh battery; 13 MP camera; all of the latest LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi connectivity; and a 2.3 GHz processor.
The full hardware specs can be found below the break, along with additional photos of the device.
- LTE 150/50M bps network connectivity
- MSM 8974 (Quad Krait 2.3 GHz) processor
- 5.7” Full HD Super Flexible AMOLED display
- 32 GB + microSD (up to 64GB)
- 3GB RAM
- 13 MP AF w/Flash rear-facing camera and 2MP front camera
- Camera Mode: Drama Shot, Sound & Shot, Animated Photo, Eraser, Best Photo, Best Face, Beauty Face, HDR (High Dynamic Range), Panorama, Sports, Golf, Surround shot, Live effect
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, BT 4.0 (BLE), USB 3.0, GPS+GLONASS, NFC
- Group Play: Share Music, Share Picture, Share Video, Share Document, Play Games
- Story Album, S Translator
- Samsung Smart Scroll, Samsung Smart Pause, Air Gesture, Air View
- Samsung Apps, Samsung Hub, ChatON (Voice/Video Call, Share screen, 3-way calling), Samsung WatchON
- S Voice™ Hands Free, S Health
- Samsung Adapt Display, Samsung Adapt Sound
- Auto adjust touch sensitivity (Glove friendly)
- Samsung Link, Screen Mirroring
- Safety Assistance, Samsung KNOX
- 2,800mAh battery