Android phone makers are running out of ways to differentiate their devices from the crowd. It’s all coming down to a rectangular screen, as little chrome around the edges as possible and a curved round back. Pretty much every smartphone looks the same at this point with slight varying dimensions.
So that’s why LG’s curved Flex is an interesting newcomer. The LG Flex actually makes a somewhat flexible 6-inch display that defaults to a slight curve. What are the supposed benefits of that?
- It contours to your leg, sort of, in your pocket.
- It reduces glare, sort of, outside
- The curved phone is supposed to make calling feel more natural
- Reading is a bit easier, not really
- It is a cool party trick, good for 20-30 seconds of amusement
I’m a huge fan of the Nexus 5 and G2 and even AT&T’s 4G LTE network of late so I was genuinely looking forward to see what this could do… Read more