Oh the weather outside is…not yet frightful but the deals have already started and the holiday season is moving into full swing. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday now behind us, it begs the question what goodies you purchased over this holiday weekend? Did you grab a new tablet, smartphone, Chromebook, HTC One, LG G2, Galaxy S 4 or something else entirely?
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday and now that we’re all sporting an extra loop on our belts, it’s time to get down to the madness of Black Friday. There’s plenty of deals to be had in the Android world especially with smartphones, tablets and even a Chromebook thrown in for good measure. There’s no time to waste today so let’s get right down to it:
Google’s Play Store Cyber Weekend deals are now live with some excellent savings on games, movies, bestselling books, TV seasons, movie deals and in-game discounts!
As we’ve already begun the 48 day countdown to Black Friday, Motorola is already shifting attention to Cyber Monday. A Google+ posting indicates the company will discount their excellent Moto X by $150 for one-day off contract. That’s a $350 price tag this upcoming Monday and what is arguably one of the best device deals I’ve seen on an Android device in a long time.
We’ve already covered the Target, Walmart and Best Buy Black Fridays earlier this month as their Black Friday ads broke cover to the world. However, there are far more Android-related deals to be had on Black Friday and here are some of the most notable across the nations largest retailers. Don’t forget to sneak a peek at what T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint have to offer as well.
- Galaxy S 4 on AT&T/Verizon for $39.99 Sprint for $49.99
Keep it locked here for all the updates as new Android-related carrier deals are announced for Cyber Monday. More importantly, keep your homepage loaded with 9to5toys.com this holiday season for a look at all of the seasons best tech-related specials.
- Samsung Galaxy S® 4 – $29.995
- Samsung Galaxy S® III mini – FREE5
- Samsung Galaxy Mega™– $49.995
- Samsung Galaxy S®III – FREE5
- 50 percent off JAMBOX.
- 75 percent off Grandoe touchscreen Gloves.
- 60 percent off a JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker for Nokia, JBL PlayUp. Portable Wireless Speaker for Nokia and JBL OnBeat Micro Portable Speaker Dock with Lightning Connector.
- $20 off on select XPAL cases.
- 50 percent off a ZAGGkeys FLEX keyboard.
- 25 percent off Martian Voice Command Smartwatches.
- 50 percent off a Polaroid Bluetooth printer.
- $249 for a BIG JAMBOX.
- 10 percent off all JBL and Harman speakers. (Excludes items already discounted.)
- One Black Friday deal extends through Dec. 31, online only. Customers can save and score a Samsung ATIV smart PC for FREE6 with a new two-year agreement with qualifying plans. Activation and upgrade fees apply.
Verizon’s full Black Friday ad has already been previewed here.
- Motorola DROID MAX for $199
- Galaxy S 4 for $99
- HTC One for $99
- DROID RAZR HD for $0
- Motorola DROID Ultra for $99
- Ellipsis 7″ tablet for $0
- $150 savings on all Samsung tablets
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for $299
- LG G2 on sale for $0 down with G2Promo
- Galaxy S 4 is $48 off with GS4DEAL
- Galaxy Note 3 is $48 off with SAVENOTE3
- Nexus 5 is $30 off with 30NEXUS
- Save $40 on the Galaxy S III ($18 monthly)
- $0 down on the Sony Xperia Z ($19 monthly)
- $0 down ($23 monthly) on the HTC One plus free urBeats earbud
- Nov. 22-27: Customers who bring a line to Sprint from another carrier will get up to a $100 instant discount on the purchase of any phone with a new two-year service agreement. Customers who switch their number to Sprint and choose Sprint One Up to finance their smartphone with $0 down and 0 percent financing will receive a $100 Visa Prepaid Card.
- Nov. 28-Dec. 2 (Retail stores are closed Thanksgiving, but customers can start early and shop online or Telesales): Customers can visit http://www.sprint.com/holiday or call 1-800-SPRINT1 to purchase Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini for FREE (after a $50 mail in rebate via reward card) – a $99.99 savings with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. Customers who shop online or call on Thursday can also purchase LG G2 for $49.99 – a $150 savings with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement. These offers will continue through Monday, Dec. 2, in Sprint retail stores across the country, online and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1).
HTC’s holiday specials on the “top-rated” HTC One are kicking into gear with special offers for Sprint and Verizon customers. That’s not to say they are the best deals around, a title Amazon current holds if the HTC One is on your radar this week.
Our expectations are always tempered when it comes to the wireless carriers and Black Friday specials as its been a long, long time since I can remember a deal that made my jaw drop. With that in mind, Verizon Wireless’ 2013 Black Friday ad has hit the airwaves thanks to BlackFriday.com but it won’t knock your socks off. Thankfully, it will help those of you looking to pick up a DROID RAZR HD for free or a Motorola DROID Ultra for $99 with a two-year agreement.
A user on the SlickDeals forums spotted the Kindle Fire at both Target and Walmart available for only $123.88, on Sunday. That’s almost $80 off the original price! The sale is apparently unadvertised and it is unclear if it is still running in select stores, so we suggest you head over to your local store to check out this hell of a deal. You may even want to bring the above image with you to see if they can hook you up if the deal isn’t currently running (there’s also more after the break). It looks like you won’t be the only Kindle Fire user, seeing as Amazon had record sales (in the Kindle family) with the Kindle Fire this weekend — the company announced in a press release today. Check out the receipt after the break for more proof.
It’s the deal day today in the United States. To our non-U.S. audience, Black Friday (which follows Thanksgiving Day, a legal U.S. holiday observed on the fourth Thursday of November) officially marks the beginning of the holiday season (Black Friday through New Years). Unless you’re a U.S. resident, many if not all Black Friday deals don’t apply unless you’re shopping for intangibles.
Enter Gameloft’s Black Friday weekend sale of games for Android. If you’ve been looking for an excuse to load your Android device with high-quality games, make sure to follow @GameloftAndroid on Twitter. Beginning Friday and through Cyber Monday, Gameloft will be tweeting links to download paid games free of charge. Each link will be valid for two hours so you’ll need to remember to check their channel on a regular basis.
Gameloft also has a temporary sale of high-end games such as Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, The Oregon Trail, Real Soccer 2011 and more. These titles have been slashed to just 99 cents and a are ready to be downloaded here.
The Galaxy Nexus could launch the week after Black Friday if a timeline leaked by Droid Life stands to be true. Our first look at Ice Cream Sandwich will reportedly launch with Samsung’s Holiday Portfolio after Black Friday, which is the busiest shopping day of the year. Samsung’s Holiday Portfolio most likely includes the Galaxy S II and various other devices.
Verizon’s holiday lineup is sure to be packed with Samsung’s offerings and Motorola’s new Droid RAZR and Motorola’s portfolio. Oh yeah, there’s the iPhone 4S too!