Another month, another set of new banks gaining support for Google Pay. So far, in April, Google Pay has added fifteen new banks and credit unions in the United States.
While you’d think that using your phone for payments using Google Pay would be as easy as entering your credit/debit card info, you’d actually be wrong. Before your card can be added, your bank needs to allow its cards for use by Google Pay.
About every two weeks or so, Google adds a new batch of banks to their official Google Pay support page. Google Pay’s first batch of US banks and credit unions for April consists of 14 entirely new entries and splits Generations Bank into New York and Arkansas, making for a total of 15 additions to the list.
- American State Bank & Trust Company
- Commercial Bank
- Community First Bank of Indiana
- First National Bank of Paragould
- Generations Bank (AR)
- Generations Bank (NY)
- Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union
- Harvard State Bank
- Heartland State Bank
- Minnesota National Bank
- People’s Bank of Commerce
- PrimeWay Federal Credit Union
- Spring Bank
- Tampa State Bank
- Walden Savings Bank
- Zellco Federal Credit Union
Update 4/10 10:55am: Exactly a week after the last banks launched, Google Pay has updated their support documents to reflect the addition of 11 more financial institutions in April. Going forward, it’s possible Google may regularly update the page on Wednesdays. The focus of this week’s batch seems to be on credit unions.
- Ascend Federal Credit Union
- Big Bend Banks, N.A.
- California Credit Union
- Capital City Bank
- Clackamas Federal Credit Union
- Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Homestead Bank
- LGE Community Credit Union
- PBK Bank, Inc. (US-Stanford, KY)
- Wheelhouse Credit Union
Update 4/16 12:00pm: Bucking the expectations of a consistent weekly update pattern for April, another eighteen US banks have been added to Google Pay’s support page. That brings this month’s total up to 44.
Additionally, it was deemed important to re-label another 23 credit unions from “CU” or “FCU” to “Credit Union” or “Federal Credit Union” respectively. After this update, there are still 152 more institutions that are currently labeled with “CU” or “FCU,” which means we’re likely to see more renames in the coming weeks.
- Acclaim Federal Credit Union
- American Bank & Trust of the Cumberlands
- Bank of Bartlett
- Brighton Bank
- Civic Federal Credit Union
- Coffee County Bank
- CUSB Bank
- Farmers Credit Union
- First National Bank in New Bremen
- Jarrettsville Federal Savings & Loan Association
- Ocean Bank
- Quontic Bank
- Ripco Credit Union
- RiverWood Bank
- Service 1 Federal Credit Union
- The First National Bank and Trust Company
- Trustmark National Bank
- VisionBank of Iowa
Are any of these your banking institution of choice, or are you still waiting? Let us know in the comments.
More on Google Pay:
- Google Pay now supports Mobile myki transit cards in Australia w/ upcoming Maps integration
- eBay will add support for Google Pay on Android app and website for easier payments
- [Update: Now 35] Google Pay now supports 32 more US banks and credit unions