IMDb Android app eyes 20M+ downloads, celebrates with massive update
IMDb, the unofficial resume for everyone and everything Hollywood, just announced its iOS and Android apps have experienced more than 40 million total downloads. The Android counterpart for tablets and smartphones claimed half of those downloads, and IMDb is celebrating with today’s launch of “highly anticipated discovery, personalization and social features.”
The app’s latest version now includes:
- – Sharing – check in on Facebook & Twitter to share what you’re watching
- – Recommendations – discover other titles you might be interested in
- – Mobile IMDb message boards – join in the discussion on your Android phone or tablet
- – Filming locations & soundtracks – learn even more about the movies you love
- – Similar titles – discover new movies and TV shows
- Metacritic – now see both the IMDb user rating of a title as well as how the film critics scored it
- – Amazon login – log in using your Amazon account
The IMDb Movies & TV app is a free app at the Google Play store. It rates 4.5-stars as of press time.
The press release is below.