Google announces Chrome Dev Summit coming Nov. 20-21 in Mountain View
Google announced today on Google+ that it will be holding a two-day Chrome Dev Summit later this year to discuss “new web APIs, multi-device workflows, performance tips and the guts of Blink.” The event will be held at Google’s HQ in Mountain View and it will also be live streamed to all that can’t make it on YouTube.
The dev summit is scheduled for November 20-21 and Google says registration for developers will open soon. No word on whether or not we might see some new product announcements, but it’s likely this will be a much smaller event that Google I/O and its recent Nexus 7 event.
Google has a website for the upcoming Chrome Dev Summit for those that want to learn more and a survey to find out what developers are interested in learning about at the event. Here’s a bit of what to expect:
- Laughing in the face of dropped network connections
- Optimizing the performance across GPU, CPU, and network
- Maintaining and scaling your code
- Jank busting and smooth scrolling
- Testing workflows for multi-device deployments
- Designing UX patterns for mobile web apps
- Making friends with screens of all sizes
- Directing the evolution of the web
- Living in a declarative world with Web Components
- Working smarter not harder with better workflow and tools