Google and Samsung grabbed six out of 10 spots in a new top 10 list by video analytics firm Visible Measures that named the most viral tech ads of 2012.
Visible Measures compiled the list using its “True Reach methodology,” which appears to simply count views. Samsung debuted at No. 1 with over 71 million views for “Galaxy S III”. Visible Measures called the video “a satirical campaign mocking Apple and its fans.” Meanwhile, Google scored roughly 21 million views at No. 5 for its “Project Glass” teaser ad.
According Visible Measures, Samsung generated over 240 million views from campaign launches in 2012:
[For Samsung—] A 580% increase over 2011, and averaged 9.2 million views per campaign, a jump of nearly 400%. Google and Microsoft also saw triple digit increases in overall brand performance in video in 2012.
Apple, LG, Microsoft, Intel/Toshiba also made the cut. The entire list is above, and the Google and Samsung videos are embedded below.
- Google announces Q3 earnings call for October 13th
- Review: A month with the Samsung Chromebook
- Google adds horizontal carousel for web based iPad searches about local places
- Google rolls out Gmail 2.0 for iPhone and iPad
- Google I/O 2013 developer conference slated for May 15 to May 17 in San Francisco
Samsung: Galaxy S III
Samsung: LeBron’s Day
Samsung: Introducing Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1
Google: Project Glass: One day..
Samsung: Global Launch Galaxy Note II
Google: Nexus 7
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.