Android TV is Google’s television interface that runs applications built for the big screen. While it does have native apps, Android TV is also Chromecast enabled for the casting of media. The platform is growing in huge ways in 2019, with Google reporting 5,000 apps available and huge numbers of users with PayTV providers and consumer devices alike.
Stay tuned below for the latest news on the platform, and check out some of the biggest stories below.
Recommended Android TV Reading:
- The best Android TV set-top boxes you can buy today
- Google says Android has 5,000 apps
- Android TV makes up 1 of every 10 Smart TVs globally
- Android TV has added over 130 operator partners since 2016
- Amazon Prime Video is coming to Chromecast and Android TV
- Android TV ads explained: Why Google wants to ‘sponsor’ your homescreen and who’s affected
- Re-review: The Nvidia Shield TV is still the best total Android TV package
- Here’s why pay TV operators are flocking to Google’s Android TV