In this week’s top stories: Android 7.1.2, Google Home, Chrome 56 for Android, Google execs protest Trump’s immigration ban, and much more.
We kicks things off this week with the roll out of Android 7.1.2. Google shoots down rumors that Pixel production has stopped. Motorola teases upcoming announcements as an LG G6 prototype surfaces ahead of Mobile World Congress later this month. And we run down the best of the over 70 apps and services now available for Google Home as AutoVoice for Google Home brings fully custom commands.
Google execs speak out on Trump’s immigration ban as Google employees around the country stage walkouts.
Chrome 56 for Android arrives with new download features, performance improvements and more. We go hands on with Colorware’s new skins for Google Pixel/Pixel XL. And we check out Google’s Super Bowl commercial for Google Home in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Android 7.1.2 brings the Pixel’s fingerprint gesture to the Nexus 5X and likely 6P
- Google has identified a fix for Smart Lock’s ‘Trusted voice’ turning off, workaround available
- PSA: Google says ‘production of the Pixel has not stopped’ despite erroneous Telus email
- Motorola’s website is counting down to something involving a golden octopus, likely Moto G5
- Hands on with Colorware’s new skins for Google Pixel/Pixel XL [Gallery]
- Android 7.1.2 available via Android Beta Program today for Pixel, Nexus devices [Update]
- Experimental Moto Mod for Moto Z brings wireless charging & IR blaster in a super slim shell
- Alleged LG G6 prototype gets photographed showing off slim bezels all around
Alphabet | GOOG
- Google co-founder Sergey Brin joins San Francisco protest over Trump immigration order
- Eric Schmidt tells Google employees that Trump administration will do ‘evil things’
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai says ‘in Silicon Valley, being an immigrant doesn’t matter’
- Google employees around the country stage walkouts over Trump immigration orders
- Google & Apple among tech companies planning letter formally opposing Trump’s immigration order
- Sundar Pichai criticizes Trump immigration order, calls 100+ employees back to US
- Project Fi integration might be coming to Voice, Google is ‘working on a solution’
- Google Home now supports over 70 apps and services, here are some of the most useful
- Google Photos 2.8 for Android redesigns the ‘Albums’ tab and ‘Device folders’
- Nope, T-Mobile isn’t rolling out support for Google’s RCS offering in Messenger
- AutoVoice for Google Home brings fully custom commands to your home assistant
- With Chrome 57, Progressive Web Apps will appear in Android’s app drawer, settings, more
- Google Fiber map now also shows six cities where Webpass is available
- Donald Draws for Android lets you make your own Trump executive order memes
- Google announces plans to open-source Google Earth Enterprise in March
- Chrome 56 for Android adds new download features, performance improvements, more
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.