This morning we reported Samsung is going to expand their Galaxy S line by adding “R”, “W”, “M”, and “Y” to the line-up. Tonight we have more details on these four phones (via This is my next), which will all launch with Gingerbread. Sadly, we don’t know the pricing or carriers quite yet.
The one we are most thrilled about is the Galaxy Y (pictured above), which packs a nice 3-inch display. If Samsung can sell this phone for $100 we think they will open up a totally new market. While the specs aren’t the greatest, you’re getting your money’s worth for $100.
- HSDPA 7.2/ HSUPA 5.76 900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- 832MHz Processor
- 3.0-inch QVGA(320×240) TFT LCD display
- Camera: 2-megapixel
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity
- 160MB Internal memory + 2GB inbox + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Size & weight: 104 x 58 x 11.5mm, 97.5 g
- Battery: 1,200 mAh, 300-minute talk time
Check out the other 3 after the break: