Google’s product head Hugo Barra just announced 400 million total device activations for Android, with 1 million occurring daily at a rate of 12 new devices going live every second.
The 2012 Google I/O Developers Conference starts today at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco, Calif., with events continuing until June 29 at 4:30 p.m. PST.
- Google I/O 2012 Liveblog
- Sergey Brin interrupts I/O keynote to demo Google Glasses, says conference attendees can pre-order headset
- Google+ has 250 million users, dedicated tablet version rolls out today
- Google unveils orb-like, USA-made Nexus Q streaming device
- Google officially announces the Nexus 7 tablet, ships in mid-july for $199
- Google Play eyes 1.5B app installs every month, introduces magazines and TV content
- Google says 1M Android devices activated daily
- Google officially unveils Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, rolling out OTA mid-July
- Google’s Nexus 7 tablet introduction video leaks out [Video]
- Video and images of Nexus Q home media device also leak ahead of Google I/O
- Here is Google’s Nexus 7 tablet [Photo]
- Sergey Brin walks around Google I/O wearing Google Glasses
- ‘Do Androids Dream of Jelly Beans?’ — Google gets ready for today’s I/O keynote
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.