The countdown is on.
It’s New Year’s Eve and folks are either getting ready to go out and party or assembling a junk food fest to sit on the couch and gorge the night away, but it’s guaranteed that almost everyone will have their eyes locked on Time Square’s Ball when the clock strikes midnight. Instead of watching this year’s countdown on television, however, just use an Android smartphone.
The Times Square Official New Year’s Eve Ball App is the official app to celebrate New Year’s Eve live from New York City, as the app’s description indicates, and it’s free. The main features include the ability to watch the co-hosted official show live, opening ceremonies, musical performances, celebrity appearances, hourly countdowns, and the midnight Ball Drop.
Check it out:
Users can also submit images and then vote on friends’ photos to possibly be selected for display on the Toshiba Vision Screen beneath the New Year’s Eve Ball, and they have access to tidbits related to history, news, weather, photos, map, and event schedule. The app also offers New Year’s Eve eCards and the ability to customize the Toshiba Countdown Clock with a personal photo and time zone.
Get more apps below.
- Kindle Fire HD review: Why can’t this just be an Android device? (9to5Google.com)
- Google announces Q3 earnings call for October 13th (9to5Google.com)
- Review: A month with the Samsung Chromebook (9to5Google.com)
- Sony releases its Android powered SmartWatch in the US for $149 (9to5Google.com)
- YouTube removes over 2B fake views from Universal, Sony, and many more users (9to5Google.com)
Now, you can’t talk about New Year’s without mentioning resolutions. There are many apps ready and willing to help eager folks meet their goals and curb bad habits in 2013, but a few of the more notable ones include:
- Quit smoking: Time to Quit Smoke (free) or Quit Smoking (free)
- Lose weight: Lose It! (free) or MyFitnessPal (free)
- Get organized: Cozi Family Organizer (free) or Evernote (free)
- Save money: Mint (free) or PageOnce (free)
What is your New Year’s resolution and is there an app to help you succeed?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.