In this week’s top stories: Google’s new Allo messaging app arrives, Google teases an upcoming launch for its much anticipated Pixel & Pixel XL smartphones as more details emerge, an LG V20 release date and much more.
We kick things off this week with Google’s launch of its new Allo messaging app on Android and iOS.
Google teases its upcoming Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones set for an unveiling on October 4 as more reported details on pricing and specs surface.
And Samsung reportedly plans to resume Galaxy Note 7 sales on October 21st as LG is said to kick off sales of its new LG V20 flagship smartphone on the same date.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Allo rolling out now to Android and iOS with Google Assistant, Smart Reply, SMS, more
- Latest Google beta adds ‘In Apps’ homescreen shortcut and renames ‘Now on Tap’
- Hangouts 13.0 for Android adds support for Chrome Custom Tabs
- Google Trips helps you craft the perfect vacation plan and stores everything offline
- Pokémon Go Plus tracks distance in the background, counts towards hatching Eggs
- Google’s ‘App Preview Messaging’ from Allo isn’t restricted to just Allo
- Google’s new chat app Allo has updates on the way, including potential Duo integration
- Google’s Pixel Launcher will reportedly bring rounded icons and 3D Touch-like shortcuts
- Google teases Pixel & Pixel XL announcement coming on October 4
- First alleged real-life photos emerge of Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL
- LG V20 reportedly set to go on sale October 21st in the US
- Xiaomi’s Mi Box Android TV appears on the shelf at Walmart for $69
- Google is flexing its marketing muscle ahead of the Pixel phones’ October 4 launch [Gallery]
- ZTE is working to bring an official CyanogenMod ROM to the Axon 7
- Nest mistakenly shows what looks to be Google’s upcoming Pixel phone in a commercial
- Google’s Pixel won’t be waterproof, sports an IP53 rating just like the HTC 10
- Some Nexus 5X users experiencing boot loops after updating to Android Nougat
- Google’s forthcoming Pixel flagship will reportedly start at $649
- Unlocked Moto Z goes up for pre-order on Amazon in the US, available October 2
- Rumors indicate that Samsung’s Galaxy S8 could be a VR powerhouse thanks to ARM’s new GPU
- Samsung will reportedly resume Galaxy Note 7 sales on October 21st
Alphabet | Goog |
- Google’s self-driving car was today in what appears to be its worst accident yet
- Google Home will apparently sell for $129, 4K ‘Chromecast Ultra’ for $69
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.