In this week’s top stories: What to except at Google’s October 4 event next week, the latest official-looking Pixel and Pixel XL renders, Google Home news, and much more.
We kick things off with the latest renders of Google’s upcoming Pixel and Pixel XL Android smartphones, and we give you our breakdown of everything we expect to see at Google’s event next week in addition to the new phones.
We move onto some Google Home news including references to a new Google Home app. And we discover Google is testing its Andromeda Chrome OS/Android hybrid on the HTC-made Nexus 9.
Google’s new Allo app passes 1 million downloads, and Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 replacements continue to experience some overheating and battery issues. These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
Google Pixel and Pixel XL |
- Here’s everything we expect to see at Google’s October 4th event
- Here’s how the Pixel and Pixel XL compare in size to the Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X…
- These last-minute renders make the Pixel and Pixel XL look super attractive [Gallery]
- Here’s the first official looking render of the Google Pixel
- Here are the (ridiculous and amazing) color names for Google’s upcoming Pixel and Pixel XL phones
- Google is testing its Andromeda Chrome OS/Android hybrid on the HTC-made Nexus 9
- Exclusive: Google plans to launch Andromeda on a ‘Nexus’ Huawei tablet, ‘Pixel’ laptop
- Some replacement Galaxy Note 7s still overheating as Samsung washing machines start exploding
- Users report that replacement Note 7s are still having battery issues, just not explosive ones
- Here’s Sony’s roadmap for Xperia devices getting Android 7.0 Nougat
- Xiaomi launches Mi 5s/Plus as low-cost alternative to iPhone 7/Plus, China-only for now
- Huawei Mate 9 leak reveals dual-cameras, 6GB RAM, 256GB storage, sub-$500 price
- Multiple Android Wear smartwatches are not pairing with the iPhone 7
- Here are eight useful tips and tricks for Google’s new Allo messaging app
- ‘Google Home app’ reference appears in most recent Chromecast Preview
- Google Home will be compatible with Samsung’s SmartThings platform at launch
- ‘Ungoogled’ is the Chrome browser you love minus the Google
- Google Allo passes 1 million downloads on the Google Play Store
- Google’s Waze Rider carpooling service live in San Francisco, significantly cheaper than Uber/Lyft
- Acer Chromebook R13 goes up for pre-order starting at $399
- Long-rumored Android-Chrome OS merge might be mentioned at Google’s October 4 event
This week’s top videos |
- Lenovo is bringing back Motorola’s historic ‘Hello Moto’ as part of its new boot animation [Video]
- Xiaomi’s Android TV-powered Mi Box gets an early unboxing [Video]
- Action Launcher 3 now has Pixel Launcher’s application shortcut feature [Video]
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.