In a blog post on the official Android Developers site, Google has announced a new section on the Play Store dedicated to showcasing some of the best looking Android apps. The keys to having your app featured, according to Google, are smooth transitions, crisp typography, a clear layout, and subtle design touches.
Attention to detail makes an app truly beautiful: transitions are fast and clear, layout and typography are crisp and meaningful, and design touches that delight you in surprising ways are sprinkled throughout. Today, we’re publishing a new Beautiful Design collection on Google Play, which highlights 11 beautiful apps with these kinds of masterfully crafted design details.
Included in the collection are the following apps:
- Pattern – An app for discovering wallpapers
- Pocket – A service that lets you save articles for reading later
- Eye in Sky Weather – A weather app
- Grand St. – A service that aggregates beautifully designed hardware
- Pinterest, Expedia Hotels, Flipboard, New York Times, Timer, and TED expand full story