We are live at Motorola’s launch event in New York City, but a live stream is available for those who want to watch first hand, and the most notable announcement is the introduction of three new Android-powered smartphones.
The new Razr M, Razr HD and Droid Razr Maxx HD notably feature Corning Gorilla Glass displays, DuPont Kevlar fiber and a splash-guard coating on the outside, while the software on the inside comes equipped with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (but each will upgrade to Jelly Bean by “the holidays”) and access to Google Play. They also tout Chrome for Android, Google Maps, Voice Actions for Android, Google+ and YouTube apps.
Additional premium specs include 4G LTE and NFC capability, a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 1 GB RAM, 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD recording, front-facing camera for video chatting, mobile Hotspot and a microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB.
Check out more specs and images below.
- Motorola RAZR M 4G LTE press images and specs leaked, 4.3-inch qHD display (9to5google.com)
- Motorola cutting 4,000 jobs in hopes of becoming profitable again (9to5google.com)
- Ice Cream Sandwich OS now available to Verizon’s Droid Razr and Razr Maxx (9to5google.com)
- DROID RAZR HD becomes clearer, specs shown off in leaked tutorial videos (9to5google.com)
- Motorola sets “big reveal” for Friday (9to5google.com)
The Motorola Razr M packs a Super Amoled Advanced 4.3-inch display with 40 percent more screen real estate and a 40 percent more powerful battery than the Apple iPhone 4S. It further features a wider keyboard, YouTube and Web with Chrome for Android, and it even spotlights an easy-to-use tutorial for interactive help with customization. The handset comes in “sleek black” or “stand out white,” and it will roll out soon to “several Asia Pacific countries.” The United States can get the Razr M now on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network for just $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
The Motorola Razr HD boasts a 4.7-inch HD display with the same clarity as an HDTV and 85 percent better color saturation and 50 percent more pixels per inch than the Apple iPhone 4S. It also features a 1,780-mAh battery for up to 10 hours of movie- and TV-viewing or six hours of surfing the Web. Folks also get six hours of voice-guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation on a single charge. The handset comes in “sleek black” or “stand out white,” and it will roll out soon to Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Latin America. The United States will get the Razr HD before the holidays on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. More information on pricing is not available at this time.
The Droid Razr Maxx HD has the same features as the RazrHD, but it offers 32 hours of performance. The company brags that Maxx HD owners will get up to 10 hours of YouTube HD content or they can Web surf up to 8 hours. The handset will be available to U.S. customers in black before the holidays on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. More details on availability and pricing will arrive later in the year.
Today’s product launch is Motorola Mobility’s first hardware endeavor since becoming a Google subsidiary earlier this year. 9to5Google hopes to snag a few review units, and we will post thorough first impressions soon, if possible.
The full press releases are below.
Motorola Mobility Takes Screen Size and Battery Life to the Edge with Three New Smartphone Additions to RAZR™ Family
More screen. More battery life. More compact. More colors. And the best of Google packed inside. Introducing the new RAZR™ M, RAZR™ HD and DROID RAZR™ MAXX™ HD.
Sept. 05, 2012
LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Sept. 5, 2012 – Speed, power, design and the best Android™ experiences around. Motorola Mobility is delivering all that and more with three new additions to its RAZR™ smartphone family: Motorola RAZR M, the full screen phone; the nonstop all-day entertainer Motorola RAZR HD; and the unmatched, live-forever battery of DROID RAZR MAXX HD by Motorola. All three Android-powered smartphones are built with top-of-the-line materials, are small in size, big on battery life and packed to the gills with the best experiences Google has to offer.
Pushing Screen Space to the Edge
Motorola RAZR M packs a big screen into a phone that fits in the palm of your hand. The Super AMOLED Advanced 4.3-inch display spans from edge-to-edge. The border you typically find on smartphones is virtually, in a word, gone. Even though it’s smaller in size, you still get 40 percent more screen than the leading competitor*. You can type emails and texts easily with a wider keyboard, watch YouTube™ videos and movies on a wider screen and browse the Web with Chrome™ for Android without squinting. All on a long-lasting battery that is 40 percent more powerful than the competition*.
Motorola RAZR M is also easy to use. It comes with interactive, swipe-by-swipe tutorials that walk you through the setup and help customize your phone to your needs – no instruction manual required. While RAZR M already has a long-life battery, when you set up the SMARTACTIONS™ battery saving rules too, your phone settings will automatically adjust to squeeze even more from every charge.
Available in sleek black or stand out white, the Motorola RAZR M will be coming soon to consumers in several Asia Pacific countries. For those in the US, it’s coming to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network as DROID RAZR M by Motorola for the unbelievable price for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. All that power, speed and edge-to-edge beauty at a great price. No catch.
Go. All. Day.
The new Motorola RAZR HD provides long-lasting battery performance for nonstop high definition entertainment. Its 4.7-inch HD display is the most compact smartphone in its class, designed for watching up to 10 hours of movies and TV shows or 6 hours of surfing the Web. You get the same sharp clarity as your HDTV, and beat the competition* with 85 percent greater color saturation and 50 percent more pixels per inch.
It’s not all about looks though. If you feel like hitting the road, you can drive with confidence knowing you’ll get up to 6 hours of voice-guided turn by turn GPS navigation all on a single charge. No matter where the day (or night) takes you, Motorola RAZR HD will keep up with 24 hours of battery performance.
Available in sleek black or stand out white, the Motorola RAZR HD will be coming soon to consumers in various countries throughout Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Latin America. In the US, it will be available before the holidays on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network as DROID RAZR HD by Motorola. We’ll provide more details on pricing and availability soon.
Long Live the Battery
Never have an “off” day again. DROID RAZR MAXX HD has the same features as Motorola RAZR HD, but takes battery life to a whole new level. We’re talking 32 hours of performance1 with the longest-lasting LTE smartphone1. You can literally get through an entire Hollywood trilogy with 13 hours of straight video playback, up to 10 hours of YouTube HD content or surf the day away with up to 8 hours of web browsing. For those who eat, drink, work, play and sleep with their phones, life won’t ever be the same.
DROID RAZR MAXX HD will be available before the holidays in black in the US on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. More details on timing and pricing will be made close to availability dates.
Premium Materials and the Best of Google
These new smartphones are made from the premium design materials you expect from the Motorola RAZR family, including a Corning® Gorilla® Glass display, DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber^ and a splash-guard coating. They’re also built with the best of Google inside:
● Chrome™ for Android, giving you a personalized Web experience anywhere you go
● Google Play™, offering access to 600,000+ apps and games, millions of books and songs thousands of movies and TV shows
● Google Maps™ for Android for voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions
● Voice Actions for Android™, letting you control your phone with your voice
● Google+™, which can automatically upload your photos to a private album online
● YouTube™ for watching exclusive videos and live events in HD quality
● Android 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, upgradeable
For more information and multimedia assets for Motorola RAZR M, Motorola RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD, please visit our press kit at mediacenter.motorola.com.
Calling All Devs and Mod Enthusiasts
The beauty of Android lies in personalization and customization. For developer and custom ROM enthusiasts, DROID RAZR M and DROID RAZR HD will come in a special developer edition available online only through motorola.com in the U.S. Tweak, tinker and customize the day away by using Motorola’s software tools to unlock the bootloader. Warning: not for the faint at heart. Warranties will be voided. Visit motorola.com/razrmdev or motorola.com/razrhddev for more information.
In countries outside the U.S., the device will ship with an unlockable bootloader where operators allow.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola Add Three New and Exclusive 4G LTE DROID RAZR™ Smartphones
All the power, battery life and cool design of DROID RAZR™ with the speed of 4G LTE three times over
Sept. 05, 2012
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Verizon Wireless and Motorola Mobility today announced that they are adding three new and exclusive smartphones, DROID RAZR™ M, DROID RAZR™ HD and DROID RAZR™ MAXX™ HD, to the DROID RAZR™ by Motorola family on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.
All three devices offer the power and reliability that customers have come to expect from Motorola and Verizon Wireless. DROID devices give customers speed, power and revolutionary technology, while the RAZR design delivers a thin, compact device built with strong, top-of-the-line materials and long-lasting battery life. The new smartphones are powered by the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, giving customers the capability to simultaneously talk and browse the Web and also access the blazingly fast speeds that cover more than 75 percent of the U.S. population. With three brand new options, this lineup has something for everyone.
DROID RAZR M: The Full-Screen Phone
DROID RAZR M is an unbelievably compact smartphone that puts the world in the palm of your hand with an edge-to-edge 4.3-inch Super AMOLED™ Advanced display. Customers will be amazed with the DROID RAZR M’s design, which is significantly shorter and narrower than the original DROID RAZR, yet includes the same size display, making it the most compact 4.3-inch 4G LTE smartphone.
DROID RAZR M also features powerful Web browsing capabilities by combining Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network with the speeds of Chrome™ for Android™ mobile browser for an unrivaled mobile Web experience.
The DROID RAZR M’s SMARTACTIONS™ feature maximizes battery efficiency with every charge, allowing customers to browse the Web and watch videos without worrying about draining their device’s battery.
DROID RAZR HD: Performance and Power
Building on the DROID RAZR legacy, the new DROID RAZR HD expands the innovation with a new 4.7-inch Super AMOLED HD display that allows movies, photos, magazines and even websites to appear with vivid clarity. DROID RAZR HD provides customers with 78 percent more pixels for a more vibrant display and features 40 percent greater battery capacity than the original DROID RAZR.
The viewdini app is at its best with the HD display and 4G LTE speeds to watch movies, television shows and other video content. Viewdini brings the power of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network to the screen by streamlining access to videos from a wide range of content providers, including cable operators, websites and other popular video sources. The viewdini app can be downloaded from Google Play.
DROID RAZR MAXX HD: Long Live the Battery
Packed with the same leading features as DROID RAZR HD, the DROID RAZR MAXX HD raises the industry standard for battery life with 32 hours of normal use. The DROID RAZR MAXX HD is remarkably thin, yet packs sufficient battery power for 13 hours of straight video playback, enough to watch a movie trilogy without needing a charge. Customers also have enough battery life to talk the day away with up to 21 hours of continuous talk time or browse the Web on 4G LTE for up to a full eight hours.
A Trilogy of Premium Design, Speed and Features:
● 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE coverage areas.
● Interactive Circles Widget allows quick access to notifications, weather, time and more
● Quick Settings can be accessed directly from the home screen so customers can easily manage their volume profile, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, GPS and more
● Enhanced Help Guides provide interactive tutorials, help topics and tips to become a DROID RAZR expert
● Global Ready so customers can have voice and data service in more than 205 countries
● Business ready with enterprise grade security and data encryption, remote wipe, complex password support, IPsec multi-headed VPN client and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® support
● 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
● Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
● 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD recording
● Front-facing camera for video chatting
● NFC-enabled so customers can send contacts, links, maps and more directly to compatible phones with Android Beam™
● Corning® Gorilla® Glass display, DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber and water-repellent nanocoating
● microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
The new DROID RAZRs run Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (upgradeable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean by end of 2012) and come with the best of Google Mobile Services, including:
● Chrome™ for Android™, giving a personalized Web experience
● Google Play™, apps and games, millions of books and songs, thousands of movies and TV shows
● Google Maps™ for Android (Beta) for voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions
● Voice Actions for Android™, letting customers control their phones with their voice
● Google+™, which can automatically upload photos to a private album online
● YouTube™, watch videos in stunning HD, Preload subscribed channels or individual videos and the YouTube app will automatically download videos over Wi-Fi while the phone is charging – making them ready to watch in an instant
Pricing and Availability:
● DROID RAZR M will be available for pre-order starting today, September 5th, at 5 p.m. ET at http://www.verizonwireless.com/droidrazrm and will be available on September 13th in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at http://www.verizonwireless.com for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. The DROID RAZR M will be available either Black or White.
● DROID RAZR HD and DROID RAZR MAXX HD will be available before the holidays. The DROID RAZR HD will be available in either Black or White and the DROID RAZR MAXX HD will be available in Black.
● Customers who purchase a DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD or DROID RAZR MAXX HD will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless data plan. Share Everything Plans allow customers to add smartphones to their account for $40 monthly access. For additional information, customers should go to http://www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything