Google released a pretty substantial update to its Google+ for iPhone app this afternoon by adding a much crisper user-interface that actually makes the app a bit more enjoyable to use. The update is very welcomed, because the first version of the Google+ app was not very well received by the community. The release notes from Google:
- Whether you post photos or articles or text, we’re making ‘em look gooood.
- We’re adding crisper fonts, larger profile pics and a friendlier homescreen.
- We’re making the stream easier to scan, and easier on the eyes with overlays, gradients and other visual elements.
- Conversations fall into view as you move forward and backward in time.
- Optical cues (like parallax) help the mind linger on individual posts.
- Important actions like +1 now float atop the stream, making it easy to endorse all your favorites.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.