Google just introduced a new online course for those interesting in “power searching” with its search engine.
The free course offers:
- Six 50-minute classes.
- Interactive activities to practice new skills.
- Opportunities to connect with others using Google Groups, Google+, and Hangouts on Air.
- Upon passing the post-course assessment, a printable Certificate of Completion will be emailed to you.
“Google Search makes it amazingly easy to find information. Come learn about the powerful advanced tools we provide to help you find just the right information when the stakes are high,” explained Google Senior Research Scientist Daniel Russell on the registration page.
Course registration opens today and closes July 16, but the first class starts July 10. New classes begin Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and all course-related activities end July 23.
Check out the schedule below:
For more information about becoming a “great Internet searcher,” visit the course page at Google Insights.
- Google testing new Search UI on some folks
- Google updates Transparency Report with government requests for blog post removals and user data
- Google releases employees’ sworn denials in Street View data cropping case