Google updated its Google+ for Android app today, and the most notable tweak allows users to join Hangouts on Air from their mobile devices.
That is not all: Teens can now create and join Hangouts from their mobile devices too. Apparently, they could not before, but Google now lets them take advantage of the social network’s premier video-chat feature on an Android-based smartphone or tablet.
Additional updates include:
- – Floating timestamp in photos view
- – Shortcuts for post creation
- – Ability to report abuse in Events
Screenshots of the updated app are below.
- Gmail video conferencing gets updated to hangouts, tops out at 9 additional participants (9to5google.com)
- Google working on merging Hangouts, Talk and Messenger into a unified service (9to5google.com)
- Google Now interface rolls out to Google searches performed on mobile devices (9to5google.com)
The latest version of Google+ for Android is at the Google Play store.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel