The Opera Browser for Android has been updated with a host of new features this morning. Earlier this month the browser officially switched from Opera’s Presto engine to Google’s Chromium, and with version 15, the app now includes the newer Chromium 28. The start up time has also been improved with this version of Opera, as has general page loading. You can also now download video files from within the browser.
The full change log follows:
- Based on Chromium 28
- Improved startup-time
- Download video. Possible to download video files that can be played in Opera
- Set download location (where your files are downloaded to)
- Improved tab-UI animations
- Opening files from external SD Card now possible
- New “open in private tab” context menu
- Cookie clearing mechanism improved
- Fix for bug causing Opera to be uninstalled from selected Samsung devices
- Memory leaks plugged and general stability improvements.
The update is available on the Play Store now.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel