We’re live at Sony’s 2013 IFA press conference where the company is expected to announced new Xperia devices alongside the much rumored attachable camera lens product for smartphones that just landed on Amazon for $500. We’ll be bringing you the live blow by blow when the event kicks off in the coming minutes.
– Sony execs are talking innovation and its success in the European market with televisions and its digital camera line.
-Sony announced the next generation Cybershot RX1R
– Sony execs just briefly mentioned a new music video recorder and a new action cam- no word on Android yet.
– New 4K handycam coming later this month along with two new models of 4K tvs for the European market– still no Android.
-Sony just officially announced the Xperia Z1 (aka the “Honami” that has leaked out a lot in recent weeks.
– Exmor RS G lens and Bionz for Mobile in Xperia Z1.
– A new ‘Social Live’ feature for Xperia Z1 will let users capture video and stream it to social networks live as they are filming.
– Sony is detailing Timeshift burst, a feature that allows users to snap and save multiple photos at once.
-AR effect lets users capture images with augmented reality effects on the new Xperia. It includes an open SDK for app developers.
– The Xperia Z1 will come in black, white, and blue as pictured above
-Qualcomm snapdragon process (“and all the specs you’d expect”, according to Sony)
-will come with 100 euro worth of content from Music Unlimited and Sony’s movie services.
-Sony says its previously announced SmartWatch 2 will launch later this month.
-CyberShot lens officially announced. Two models (QX10 and QX100) will be available for the Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z.
-On top of Xperia devices, Sony says the CyberShot lens will work with “almost any smartphone” with an attachment.
-Xperia Z1 launches later this month.