Chinese smartphone manufacturers are known for making great devices at affordable prices. While it may not be as popular as the likes of Xiaomi and Huawei, Oppo is making strides in the smartphone market. Most of its phones are well-received by reviewers, even if the general consumer market is yet to become fully aware of the brand. Its latest phone, the specced-up version of the R7 is almost ready for launch, and is already available to pre-order in some parts of the world…
Oppo’s R7s will be available to buy in the States for $399 on December 1st from OppoStyle.com. Buyers in France, Germany and the UK can pre-order the device from Amazon for €349 and £259 respectively. Spec-wise, it features many of the same traits shared with similar sub-$400 smartphones. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll find on the Oppo R7s:
- 5.5-inch, 1920 x 1080 resolution AMOLED display
- 1.5GHz Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB storage (expandable up to an extra 128GB)
- 13MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus and 1080p video recording
- Single LED flash
- 8MP front camera
- 3,070mAh battery with fast-charging
- Dual SIM support (if you don’t use MicroSD expansion)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Android 5.1 Lollipop (with Color OS)
- Measures 151.8 x 75.4 x 7 mm
Like most new smartphones, the phone features an all-metal back panel, but even before it’s available, it has some serious competition. Huawei only recently launched its all-metal Mate 8 while Xiaomi updated its own Redmi range with a new metal smartphone.
In the mean time, Oppo is offering Black Friday discounts of up to 50% on some of its current smartphones and accessories through the OppoStyle online store. Those include the Oppo R7, R7 Plus and the N3. The promotion runs for today only, so if you’re keen, you’ll have to be quick.