In this week’s top stories: Google Pixel renders leak, Galaxy S8 rumors, new apps and updates, and much more.
We kick things off with new 3D renders of Google’s upcoming Pixel smartphone, take a look at all of the latest Galaxy S8 rumors, and give you the latest on the ongoing Galaxy 7 Note recall.
We move on to the Chrome 54 Beta that brings the ability for YouTube and other videos to play audio in the background on Android. And we give you our top 5 Android apps you should download in September in this week’s top video.
Head below for these and the rest of this week’s top shared stories:
- Behold, this is the Google Pixel in all of its 3D-rendered glory [Video]
- Nixon Mission Android Wear smartwatch goes up for pre-order at $400, shipping mid-October
- Galaxy S8 rumor roundup: no headphone jack, potential early launch and surfaced codenames
- Samsung reportedly remotely deactivating recalled Note 7 units in France after Sept 30 [Update: Refuted]
- Opinion: It’s Google’s responsibility for the Pixel to be a great, polished reference Android device
- Review: Honor 8 is intriguing, beautiful, and powerful, but still held back by pesky EMUI
- It looks like LG, Motorola and Huawei are jumping off the Android Wear train for this year
- Marshmallow reaches 18.7%, Nougat below 0.1% in September Android distribution numbers
- Carrier availability: Here’s what we know about LG V20 at AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, more
- How to: Find out if your Galaxy Note 7 is safe using your IMEI
- New data suggests that Galaxy Note 7 users aren’t exchanging their devices
Alphabet | GOOG
- Google’s Chromecast ‘Preview Program’ will provide you early access to new features
- The ‘Bohemian Rhapsody Experience’ Google was showing at I/O is now available for all
- Google Street View blurs a cow’s face to protect its privacy
- Chrome 54 Beta lets YouTube and other videos play audio in the background on Android
- Project Fi app update teardown reveals upcoming group plans
- Google’s Nexus Launcher is apparently now called Pixel Launcher [Update: APKs are here]
- Google promotes its recently launched video calling app Duo in a collection of new clips [Video]
- Google Photos 2.0 finally adds sort options for albums on Android
- Millions hit by Gmail outage, Google says now back up for the ‘vast majority’ of customers
- Pokémon Go update adds Candy-awarding ‘Buddy’ feature, rooted/jailbroken devices officially unsupported
- Action Launcher 3.9 released, brings Nexus Launcher features and more to all users [Video]
This week’s top videos |
- Hands-on with 5 Android apps you should download in September 2016 [Video]
- Video: Apple fans check out an ‘iPhone prototype’ that’s actually a Moto Z (and they were impressed!)
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.