In this week’s top stories: Our Google Daydream View review, the best affordable Android smartphones for November, renders of a bezel-less Meizu smartphone leak, we show you how to take full advantage of Google Assistant with IFTTT, and much more.
We kick things off this week with our rundown on the best options for affordable Android smartphones. We go hands-on with new Pixel Live Cases. Pixel gets hacked at PWNFEST as a November security patch arrives. And we get a look at Google’s cancelled Project Ara smartphone.
We move onto Stephen’s Google Daydream View review as the VR device officially arrives for sale alongside supported apps. We also show you how to make Google Assistant more useful on your Pixel or Google Home using IFTTT. And Google announces 2 billion active Chrome installs at its Chrome Dev Summit in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Android Nougat has the ability to take partial screenshots, but it’s currently hidden
- Android Nougat Compatibility Document reveals pieces of Google’s plan for OEMs
- If these images are real, Meizu could be on its way to out-Xiaomi the edgeless Mi Mix [Gallery]
- Hands-on: Pixel Live Cases bring unique designs, nothing special in terms of build quality & protection
- Google Store adds three new Live Cases and Otterbox cases for the Pixel and Pixel XL
- Google’s new Pixel smartphone hacked at PWNFEST, allowing remote code execution
- Best affordable Android smartphones you can buy [November 2016]
- Check out these photos of Google’s cancelled Project Ara and its full spec sheet
- November security patch now available for Pixel/Nexus devices
- Logitech’s Bluetooth car mounts for Android Auto are now available on the Google Store
- Review: Google’s Daydream View is casual VR done better w/ a game-changing controller
- Daydream View headset now available in five countries, Verizon offering in-store demos
- Google VR Services hits the Play Store, details receiving notifications while in Daydream
- The apps you need to use Google’s Daydream View headset are now on the Play Store
- How to: Make Google Assistant more useful on your Pixel or Home using IFTTT
- Microsoft Office Android apps are no longer ‘compatible’ with some Play Store-enabled Chromebooks
- Microsoft Office for Android will be supported on Chrome OS after all, but you may need a subscription…
- Google Play Services version 10 brings back ‘check for updates’ button on Android 7.1, more
This week’s top videos:
- Google announces 2 billion active Chrome installs at Chrome Dev Summit, watch live here [Video]
- Google’s Project Soli tiny radar unit can now recognize objects & materials [Video]
- Google continuing Chromecast push in latest ad campaign [Video]
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.