In this week’s top stories: We review the Samsung Gear S3 and ASUS ZenWatch 3 smartwatches. Details on upcoming phones from LG, Samsung and others. We give you some tips and tricks for Google Home as Amazon Echo plays catch-up, and much more
We kicks things off the latest Android device news including more details on Samsung’s upcoming Galaxy S8 as the company confirms Android 7.1.1 Nougat is set to arrive for the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge in January. LG is reportedly planning an early launch for the LG G6 as the first diagram leaks. We review the Samsung Gear S3 and ASUS ZenWatch 3. And some Google Pixel devices start encountering early battery shutdowns and freezing problems.
We offer up our top app picks for your new Android smartphone as Google Play gets big holiday discounts. And we also show you five interesting features to try with your new Google Home as Amazon Echo plays catch-up with its latest update.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- If you just got a Pixel/Pixel XL, here are some of the best cases available
- Google Pixel devices encountering early battery shutdowns at ~30%
- Here are the first things you should do with your new Android smartphone
- ASUS ZenWatch 3 Review: One of the best Android Wear watches, but that’s not saying much
- The normally super-smooth Pixel is having freezing problems for some users
- Samsung announces that Android 7.1.1 Nougat is coming to Galaxy S7, S7 edge in January
- The Gionee M2017 offers a massive 7,000 mAh battery, dual-curved edges [Gallery]
- Take a look at these renders of Lenovo’s seemingly non-modular 2017 Moto X [Video]
- Samsung again said to drop physical keys w/ Galaxy S8, thin bezels & 3D touch-like features
- LG reportedly planning an early launch for the LG G6, first diagram leaks showing off a familiar design
- Just got a new Android smartphone? Here are a few apps you should download right away
- Some developers on Google Play are discounting apps to previously-unseen price of 1 cent
- Amazon Echo plays catch-up to Google Home w/ some new contextual awareness abilities
Google Home |
- Two ex-Googlers explain why Chromebooks don’t run on Qualcomm processors
- How to use Chrome Remote Desktop to help friends and family with new devices
- New ASUS Chromebook pops up on Newegg for $499…
This week’s top videos |
Subscribe to get all 9to5Google’s stories delivered to your inbox daily. And to 9to5Toys for the best deals from around the web.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.