In this week’s top stories: Samsung Galaxy S8 curved renders, a possible Android Wear 2.0 release date, we go hands-on with Xiaomi Mi Mix and the new Nvidia Shield TV with Google Assistant, Alphabet cuts its former Titan drone program from X division, and much more.
We kicks things off with a look at new Samsung Galaxy S8 curved renders as an alternate flat version with headphone jack is expected. A leaked HTC brand video reveals possible Vive phone. And we take the attractive Xiaomi Mi Mix (in white!) for a spin and go hands-on with Nvidia’s new Shield TV with Google Assistant in this week’s top video.
Alphabet cuts former Titan drone program from X division. Sundar Pichai, Eric Schmidt & other keynote speakers get announced for Google Cloud Next ’17 in March. And Google hints at a possible Android Wear 2.0 release date.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 curved renders surface while flat version also expected w/ headphone jack
- Leaked HTC brand video reveals possible Vive phone, focus on color, material customization
- Hands-on with the definitely-attractive Xiaomi Mi Mix (in white!) [Gallery]
- Google Assistant on the Pixel finally gains the ability to take screenshots
Alphabet | GOOG
- Alphabet cuts former Titan drone program from X division employees dispersing to other units
- Sundar Pichai, Eric Schmidt & other keynote speakers announced for Google Cloud Next ’17 on March 8-10
- Google Play alerting developers to early February launch of Android Wear 2.0
- As it gears up for enterprise usage, Google makes it easier to create group chats in Hangouts
- Google Classroom updated w/ individualized assignments, more notifications, & improved API
- Chrome OS Android apps will soon run on 7.1 Nougat
- Spotify appears to be testing a new Material Design-inspired UI w/ full-screen album art
This week’s top videos |
- Hands on: Nvidia’s new Shield TV is a Google Assistant-wielding powerhouse we can’t wait to buy
- Google Assistant on Nvidia’s Shield TV won’t require repetitive ‘Ok Google’ commands [Video]