Canadian carrier WIND Mobile has just posted a pre-registration form on its Facebook page for the still unannounced Nexus 5 (via MobileSyrup). The carrier touts the device as the “smart, new phone made to capture the moments that matter.” The registration page is lacking any concrete availability information, though it does list detailed specifications.
The carrier says that the Nexus 5 will feature a 4.95-inch 1080p display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It will pack a 1.3MP front-facing camera, as well as an 8MP rear-shooter. The device will be powered by a Snapdragon 800 processor paired with 2GB of RAM. As you would expect, it will also run the latest 4.4 KitKat version of Android and be available in 8GB and 16GB variants.
- Screen: 4.95-inch 1920×1080 display (445 ppi) Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Cameras: 1.3MP front facing 8MP rear facing OIS
- Weight: 130 grams
- Dimensions: 69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59 mm
- Operating System: OS Android 4.4, KitKat
- Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Wi-Fi (2.4G/5G) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ncNFC (Android Beam) / Bluetooth 4.0
- Storage / Memory / Ram: 16GB or 32GB internal storage 2GB RAM
- Ports & Connectors: microUSB, SlimPort enabled, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, Dual microphones, Ceramic power and volume buttons
Yesterday, an image of the Nexus 5 in white was leaked, along with a supposed launch date of November 1st. Earlier this month, the device even appeared on Google Play in a 16GB variant, priced at $349. expand full story