The OnLive Desktop app launched today on Android Market and costs $5, just like its iOS counterpart that released about three weeks ago. Tapping the power of the cloud and leveraging OnLive’s streaming technology that powers its on-demand gaming service, the OnLive Desktop app puts a Windows 7 virtual machine right at your fingertips and on an Android tablet. You also get access to Microsoft Office applications and 2GB of free cloud storage. The app requires Android 2.3 and is tested on the Acer Iconia Tab A500, Asus Eee TF101, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, 10.1, and HTC Jetstream.
The release notes are below.
OnLive Desktop for Android version 1.0
Share a PC desktop with all your devices wherever you are. OnLive Desktop is a service that provides a seamless, no-compromise, instant-response cloud-based PC desktop, wherever and whenever you want it. OnLive brings to your Android tablet a high-performance PC experience, regardless of the content, even when interacting with fast-action media.
• Instantly view, edit and create documents using actual Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Easily transfer files between OnLive Desktop and other devices
• Experience high-performance, instant-response PC applications
• Interact with lag-free animation and video
• Works with most Bluetooth keyboards and mice (left-click only)
Based on groundbreaking video compression technology, OnLive harnesses the power of cloud computing to deliver a seamless, no-compromise remote PC desktop solution. The OnLive Desktop app requires at least Android 2.3 and has been tested on the Acer Iconia Tab A500, ASUS Eee TF101, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1 and HTC Jetstream.
Sign up for free at www.onlive.com/desktop
Already using OnLive Desktop at your company? Just install OnLive Desktop and sign in!
- OnLive Desktop hits App Store, letting you run Microsoft Office on iPad (9to5mac.com)
- Microsoft Office for iPad spotted, soon to hit App Store (9to5mac.com)