Amazon finally nixed AmazonWireless.com‘s beta mode by officially launching the website with two new advantages for the online retailer’s customers.
AmazonWireless first launch in July 2009 as a beta to ease the process of buying cell phones while allotting the best value for top devices. A new benefit for the website is “AmazonWireless Best Price Guarantee.” As the name indicates, Amazon now promises the best cell phones prices with service from the main carriers.
If a lower price for the same product and service plan is discovered on an eligible website within 14 days after a customer receives their shipped device, it is then eligible for a difference credit through the customer’s original payment method. The same convenience applies if AmazonWireless lowers its own price within 14 days.
The second benefit is “Free Premium Apps with the Purchase of Android Phones.” Again, as the name indicates, any Android smartphone purchased on AmazonWireless can download free premium apps worth $20 in value from the Amazon Appstore for Android. The complimentary feature is only available for a limited time.
A list of popular apps is available at checkout on AmazonWireless, and it includes “Mahjong Artifacts” for $4.99, “Shazam Encore” for $4.99, and “Office Suite Pro” for $9.99, and more. The customer must activate their device and install the Amazon Appstore to use the apps.
- The Amazon Appstore for Android turns one, offers 50% and up off select apps (9to5google.com)
- Amazon Appstore offers ‘Splashtop Remote Desktop’ Android app for free (9to5google.com)
- RadioShack ‘Trade & Save’ app offers old Android device trade-in with free shipping (9to5google.com)
- New ‘Kindle’ for Android app update adds over 1,000 illustrated books (9to5google.com)
- Amazon slashes $100 off Motorola Droid 4 4G Verizon Wireless smartphone for limited time (9to5google.com)