The AT&T variant of the HTC One X was given a one-click root this evening. Achieved by the folks over at the XDA Developers forum, per-usual, it is as simple as downloading a file and plugging in your One X. The full directions are below:
- Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers. [Windows]
- Download the root.zip file.
- Extract root.zip into a directory on your computer.
- Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
- Double click root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script.
- Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.