The AT&T variant of the HTC One X was given a one-click root this evening. Achieved by the folks over at the XDA Developers forum, per-usual, it is as simple as downloading a file and plugging in your One X. The full directions are below:
- Download and install the HTC mobile phone drivers. [Windows]
- Download the root.zip file.
- Extract root.zip into a directory on your computer.
- Plug your HTC One X into your computer via USB. Recommended: Plug your device’s USB cable into the back of your computer if you’re using a desktop PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your HTC One X. Settings >> Developer Options >>USB debugging (checked)
- Double click root.bat/root-linux.sh/root-mac.sh to run the script.
- Congratulations! Your device will reboot a number of times and then you will have full root access.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel