OUYA, the Android-powered alternative gaming console that raised millions of dollars in mere days on Kickstarter, just revealed that it partnered with Square Enix to release Final Fantasy III as its launch title.
- Android-powered OUYA console wants to revolutionize gaming industry(9to5google.com)
- Kickstarter roundup: LUMOback, GameDock, Hone, Ringbow, MagSkin (9to5mac.com)
- Twig: the most versatile iPhone charging cord/tripod (9to5mac.com)
- Swipe iPhone case features built-in screen cleaning system, tripod mount (9to5mac.com)
- Final Fantasy comes to OUYA
- We’ve been saying that OUYA will offer all kinds of games.
- This morning, we are honored to announce that OUYA is partnering with Square Enix to bring you one of the most beloved franchises in gaming — Final Fantasy. We will kick this off with Final Fantasy III, which will be a launch title on OUYA. This will be the first time gamers outside of Japan can play FFIII on their televisions through a console.
- But that’s not the end of it: We’re promising to deliver Final Fantasy III like you’ve never seen it before – Hironobu Sakaguchi’s third installment in the role playing game franchise will be updated to exploit OUYA’s high-definition resolution in glorious graphic detail. For those of you who are new to Final Fantasy, we’ll offer a free demo so you can give it a go!
- Previously unreleased in the U.S. until it appeared as a 3D remake for the Nintendo DS in 2006, Final Fantasy III was widely referred to as one of the “missing pieces” in the FF series. OUYA players can now proudly claim this piece of the puzzle.
- We’re thrilled to bring this storied franchise to OUYA.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.