Following similar announcements from Motorola and some of the carriers including T-Mobile and Sprint, Samsung has announced its own free trial program to let customers try out devices hassle-free before committing to a purchase. While the carriers are offering network trials to let consumers try out devices before committing to a plan, Samsung will offer a 21-day free trial of Galaxy devices with carrier service included:
Samsung’s trial program allows consumers to experience the latest smartphones including the Galaxy S® 5 and Galaxy Note® 3, as well as the Samsung Gear™ 2 and Samsung Gear™ Fit. Consumers can either bundle a smartphone and Gear together or rent the devices separately. Smartphone packages include the device, carrier service not tied to their personal account, a screen protector, a USB charging cord and Samsung earbuds, while Samsung Gear rentals include the device, charging cradle and the charging cord*.
While the offer is completely free of charge, Samsung notes “participants will be asked to provide a refundable credit or debit card deposit during their trial period.” To take advantage, you’ll have to head to one of “Samsung Studio” locations listed below:
- Dallas-Fort Worth/Frisco, TX: Stonebriar Centre Mall, 2601 Preston Rd, Frisco, TX 75034
- Houston/The Woodlands, TX: The Woodlands Mall, 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Los Angeles/Canoga Park, CA: Westfield Topanga, 6600 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Canoga Park, CA 91303
- New York City: Samsung Galaxy Studio SoHo, 130 Prince Street, NY, NY
- Santa Clara, CA: Westfield Valley Fair, 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95050
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.