Verizon Wireless on Tuesday announced the oft-rumored Motorola DROID Turbo at a media event in New York. The single biggest feature of the all-new smartphone is up to 48 hours of battery life based on usage time, meaning that you can actually use the device for two consecutive days before a recharge is needed. A complete rundown of the Motorola DROID Turbo tech specs, pricing and more is ahead.
In addition to a 3,900 mAh battery that allows for such long-lasting battery life, the Motorola DROID Turbo features a 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and 21-megapixel rear-facing camera with dual-LED flash, 4K video recording and wrist flick launching. The handset also has a quad-HD display — likely 5.2-inches — and is available in metallic black, metallic red and ballistic nylon.
Verizon claims that a feature called “Turbo Charging” will enable users to charge the Motorola DROID Turbo with an additional 8 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes. If that statistic proves true, the DROID Turbo will be a very convenient smartphone for recharging your smartphone when you’re in a pinch for time, yet need enough battery life to make it through the workday or otherwise.
The Motorola DROID Turbo has XLTE enabled for ultra-fast cellular connectivity through Verizon, in addition to many Motorola software enhancements such as Moto Voice, Moto Actions, Moto Notifications and Moto Display. The device includes 64GB of internal storage, with no word on expandable storage. Verizon has priced the Motorola DROID Turbo at $199 (32GB) and $249 (64GB) on contract.
Motorola DROID Turbo
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
- 48-hour battery life based on usage time
- “Turbo Charging” for up to 8 hours of battery life after just 15 minutes of charging
- 21-megapixel rear-facing camera with dual-LED flash, 4K video recording and wrist flick launching
- Quad-HD display — likely 5.2-inches
- XLTE support on Verizon for ultra-fast cellular connectivity
- Motorola software enhancements such as Moto Voice, Moto Actions, Moto Notifications and Moto Display
- Pricing: $199 (32GB) and $249 (64GB) based on a new two-year service agreement
- Colors: Metallic Black, Metallic Red and Ballistic Nylon
Verizon’s new powerhouse will be available on October 30th.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.