We got our first hands-on with a beta version of Reddit’s official Android app back in January, and the app has now been formally launched in the Google Play store. Confusingly, it’s currently labelled as version 0.3.1 despite the company listing it as the launch week.
The app is the best way to enjoy Reddit on mobile.
- Browse all of Reddit, wherever you are
- Search and discover communities by topic or interest
- Submit your own comments, images, links, and stories for others to view and discuss
- Customize Reddit with themes (including night theme)
- View in either compact view or card view
- Stay up to date with your orangereds with Inbox: messages, comment replies, post replies, and mentions …
Version numbers aside, you’ll want to get your hands on it now as the company says everyone who logs in from the app in the first week will get three months of free Reddit Gold. As tt’s not immediately clear how ‘launch week’ is defined, we’d suggest doing it today or tomorrow.
The app is a free download from Google Play.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.