In this week’s top stories: Pixel manufacturing defect, Sony Xperia XZ review, Android 7.1.1, our Google Wifi review, the best Android phones for December, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kicks things off with our own account of a manufacturing defect on the Pixel causing an air bubble of sorts to appear on some devices. We give you our Sony Xperia XZ review. Android 7.1.1 rolls out to Nexus and Pixel devices. And we go hands-on with four great and affordable cases for the Pixel and Pixel XL.
Chrome 55 for Android arrives. Stephen gives you his Google Wifi Review. Our picks for the best Android phones in December. And we finish off with our Lenovo Phab2 Pro Review in this week’s top video.
These and the rest of this week’s top stories below:
- My Pixel has a manufacturing defect, and Google wants me to drive to another state to get it fixed
- Sony Xperia XZ Review: The first Xperia of 2016 that’s almost worth its price tag
- Android 7.1.1 rolling out to Nexus, Pixel devices w/ new Moves and December security patch
- Google’s ‘Magic Minute’ marketing campaign highlights that Android Wear is useless
- Hands-on: Here are four great and affordable cases for the Pixel and Pixel XL
- Sony’s affordable aftermarket Android Auto head unit is now available to purchase
- Best Android phones you can buy [December 2016]
- Android Wear options continue to thin out as the Huawei Watch disappears from Google Store
- Reports confirm more Samsung Galaxy S8 specs, including removal of headphone jack & Home button
- YouTube Rewind 2016 highlights the year’s best videos, memes, and several Google Pixels
- Chrome 55 for Android rolling out w/ new offline ‘Downloads’ feature, reduced memory usage
- Google Drive now allows users to manage Android device backups
- Google appears to be testing a refreshed navigation interface in Google Maps
- Google Wifi Review: A great user-friendly router for your home, even if you buy just one
- This year’s Project Fi holiday gift is an interactive site with hidden Google Play credit