Blu’s been making affordable Android phones for a few years now, and following a misstep with Amazon earlier this month, the company has announced its latest smartphone — the Blu Vivo 8. The Vivo 8 won’t knock your socks off, but the features and specs it offers are quite impressive for its price.

The Vivo 8 features a 5.5-inch 1920 x 1080 Full HD display. The screen is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, and directly below it is where you’ll find the phone’s front-facing fingerprint scanner. The Vivo 8’s body is made out of 87% metal, and while that remaining 13% is plastic, the phone should still feel quite premium in the hand.

The back of the Vivo 8 is home to a 13MP Sony IMX258 camera with an f/2.0 aperture, whereas the front-facing camera offers a resolution of 16MP with its own flash. You won’t find any dual-camera systems here, but for a phone at this price, we really wouldn’t expect one.

Packed inside of the Blu Vivo 8 is a MediaTek Helio P10 octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz, 4GB of RAM for smooth multitasking, 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded with a microSD card up to an additional 64GB, and a large 4,010 mAh battery that will likely offer enough power for more than a single day’s use.

Other features include Android 7.0 Nougat, FM radio support via NextRadio, Bluetooth 4.0, 4G LTE support on GSM networks, and microUSB rather than the newer USB Type-C.

The Blu Vivo 8 comes in both Black and Gold colors, and although the retail price of $299.99 is already quite fair, you’ll be able to purchase the phone for just $199.99 starting on August 31 through 11:59 PM EST on September 1.

If you’re interested in the Blu Vivo 8, you can check it out and purchase it on Amazon here.

Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more news:

FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.

Check out 9to5Google on YouTube for more news:

You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel

About the Author

Joe Maring

Joe has been a writer and occasional video producer for 9to5Google since July 2017. Follow him on Twitter @JoeMaring1 and send all emails to

Joe Maring's favorite gear