The latest version of the Pixel Watch companion app (126.96.36.1996033635), which hit 500,000+ downloads last week, is rolling out, and Google has provided the changelog today.
Going from version 1.0.5 to 1.1.0, this first phone app update of 2023 (last one was in December) just brings “bug fixes and educational content.”
- Education on how users can update their Fitbit ECG app on the watch.
- Education on how to use “Calendar sync” settings.
- Tools for offering feedback.
- Bug fixes to improve the quality of the app.
The bullet point should be a card in the Updates feed, while Calendar Sync has moved from “Watch preferences” to “System.” The “Privacy” previously used a shield icon, and it’s now an eye with a lock icon.
We’ve also spotted work on setting up Fall Detection and Watch Unlock.
Version 188.8.131.526033635 of the Pixel Watch app is not widely rolled out yet via the Play Store. Google says the “rollout will continue over the next few weeks.”
More on Pixel Watch:
- How Google Pixel Watch Fall Detection will work
- Pixel Watch estimated oxygen variation returns to Fitbit app
- Google Maps updated with Pixel Watch and Wear OS 3 AOD support
- Google Pixel Watch companion app hits 500,000+ downloads on Play Store
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.