PopCap Games, the maker of the popular Plants vs. Zombies game, has announced a deal with Amazon that will see Android ports of their popular titles released on Amazon’s Appstore for Android. Today, Chuzzle launched on the retailer’s mobile bazaar. Popular Plants vs. Zombies will arrive later this month, per the official press release. The good news doesn’t stop here…
Both games will launch free of charge on the Amazon Appstore for Android, the company said. Afterwards, each game will retail for three bucks. PopCap Games, which earlier this month acquired social games creator ZipZapPlay, said the deal with Amazon was a two-week exclusive, after which they will appear on Google’s Android Market as well. Plants vs. Zombies earned Guiness World Records as the fastest-selling strategy game in the history of Apple’s App Store.
- Amazon Appstore Gets Exclusive PopCap Games, Including Plants vs. Zombies (readwriteweb.com)
- Plants vs. Zombies and Chuzzle for Android Exclusive to Amazon Store (intomobile.com)
- Plants vs. Zombies Coming to Android, Free! (For a Day) (escapistmagazine.com)
- PopCap Games signs exclusive with Amazon to bring a selection of their games to market. (technology-headlines.com)
- Future Android PopCap Games To Be Exclusively Released Through Amazon (appscout.com)
- PopCap signs Amazon Android Appstore deal; Chuzzle, PvZ available this month (joystiq.com)
- Amazon’s Android March: PopCap Games Signs An Exclusive Deal (fastcompany.com)
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.