[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8gvHaX1cwY&] Have Google+ notifications been unreliable on your Android device? Thanks to a rather hefty update to the Android app last night, Google has now introduced much needed “improved notifications reliability”, among the other dozen or so improvements and fixes included in the update.
Version 1.0.5 of the Google+ app for Android includes some of the enhancements made to the browser version of the service such as grouping new Circle related notifications together, rather than bombarding your notifications bar with each new addition.
The notifications system is said to be more reliable in this latest update, but whether or not it will cure issues users are having with infrequent, outdated, and often non-existent notifications is yet to be seen. Even if you haven’t experienced these issues, we recommend dropping by the Market now and grabbing the 1.0.5 update to take advantage of the other handful of welcomed fixes listed below.
What’s in this version:
- Improved notifications reliability
- “_add to circle” notifications shown in bulk
- Share stream posts to individual people
- Clicking a +mention takes you to the person’s profile
- +mentions now autofill from your Circles
- Stream no longer resets to top when screen is rotated
- Nearby accuracy
- Start a 1:1 huddle from a person’s profile or a group huddle from a circle profile
- Hide 1:1 huddles
- Clickable links in huddles
- Improved autocomplete when adding a person to a huddle
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.