- Building shadows within Maps are astronomically correct with the time of day and sun. Google did however scale the shadows.
- Antartica has a street view in Google Maps.
- Google collects 3D views with three laser cameras on their street cars.
- The team is excited about/considering making a 3D game using Maps data.
- Google Maps has a street view partner program for anyone to add street view photos taken with their own camera.
- For colorblind Maps users, Google is figuring out how to accommodate users with the red and green indicators for Traffic.
- Google favors higher quality images that are older over blurry ones that are newer.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.
You’re reading 9to5Google — experts who break news about Google and its surrounding ecosystem, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow 9to5Google on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay in the loop. Don’t know where to start? Check out our exclusive stories, reviews, how-tos, and subscribe to our YouTube channel