From 9to5Toys.com where we are rounding up all the best Black Friday deals we have two huge headliners on the almost never discounted Nest product line (that Google picked up along with iPod-father Tony Fadell earlier this year):
The Nest Learning Thermostat (2nd generation) for $199 shipped. That’s $50 below list and the best price we’ve ever seen.
- The Nest Learning Thermostat remembers what temperatures you like, turns itself down when you’re away and can be controlled from your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Auto-Schedule creates a personalized schedule for your home by remembering when you adjust the temperature
- Auto-Away automatically turns Nest thermostat down when there’s nobody home so you don’t waste energy heating or cooling an empty house
- Remote control Nest thermostat over Wi-Fi from your smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Energy History shows you how much energy you’ve used and what affects your energy use most
The Dropcam Wireless HD Video Monitoring Camera can be found for $99.99 with free shipping. That’s $50 below list and the lowest price we have ever seen on this cloud-based camera/recording system.
With a 107° degree field of view and 4x zoom, Dropcam keeps you connected with people, places and pets in sharp 720p HD video.
- 60 Second Setup – Use your computer to find your Wi-Fi network, live stream in under a minute.
- High Quality Video – Get into the details with 720p high-definition video.
- Fast and easy setup – online and securely streaming 720p HD video in 60 seconds.
- Field of View – 107 degrees diagonal, plus Night Vision and Zoom, means you don’t miss a thing.
- Cloud Video Recording (CVR) – Review footage and make clips with optional secure offsite recording.
- Stay connected with Two-Way Talk, Intelligent Alerts, Scheduling and Mobile & Web apps.
Head over to 9to5Toys for the Best Black Friday deals on the web. A little more background on Nest:
Nest Labs is a home automation company headquartered in Palo Alto, California, that designs and manufactures sensor-driven, Wi-Fi-enabled, self-learning, programmable thermostats and smoke detectors. Co-founded by former Apple engineers Tony Fadell and Matt Rogers in 2010, the start-up company quickly grew to have more than 130 employees by the end of 2012.
The company introduced its first product, the Nest Learning Thermostat, in 2011. In October 2013, Nest Labs announced the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide detector.
On January 14, 2014, Google acquired Nest Labs for US$3.2 billion and left Nest Labs to use its own brand. Nest Labs continues to grow quickly with more than 460 employees in mid-2014.
Dropcam, Inc. is an American technology company headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company is known for its Wi-Fi video streaming cameras, Dropcam and Dropcam Pro, that allow people to view live feeds through Dropcam’s cloud-based service. On June 20, 2014, it was announced that Google’s Nest Labs bought Dropcam for $555 million USD
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.