Sprint this afternoon has announced that it will begin to offer the LG G Pad F 7.0 on March 13th. The carrier says the device will be available for free with a two-year contract and purchase of any of its available smartphones. For those not looking to bundle, the device is also available for on Sprint Easy Pay for $10 a month for 24 months.
Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch 4K Monitor
As far as specs go, the G Pad F features a 7-inch WXGA IPS display paired with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz. There’s also 1GB of RAM, a 4000mAh battery, 5MP rear-facing camera, and 1.2MP front-facing shooter.
The G Pad F 7.0 marks the first LG tablet available on Sprint’s network. It will be available in white on March 13th online and in stores, while the black model will arrive on April 10th. The full press release is below:
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. & OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), February 26, 2015 – Sometimes the best things in life really are free. Sprint (NYSE: S) is gearing up for a March 13 launch of LG G PadTM F 7.0, the first tablet from LG Electronics on Sprint’s 4G LTE network.
“LG G Pad F 7.0 is a perfect companion to any Android smartphone, especially with these low-cost purchasing options,” said David Owens, senior vice president–Product, Sprint. “Once again, Sprint proves that we are the best value in wireless by giving our customers a dynamic tablet at no cost or the option to add it to the $90 Family Share Pack plan5 with up to 5 devices and 12 GB of data. There is no better time to choose Sprint for all your wireless needs.”
New and existing customers can purchase G Pad F 7.0 for free in select retail channels with a new two-year service agreement and data plan as long as the customer has an active smartphone on their Sprint account. For a limited time, Sprint will also offer two virtual bundled promotions that include LG G Pad F 7.0 and an LG smartphone offering well-qualified customers two great LG products for one low price:
- For only $901 per month and $0 down, lease LG G32 with unlimited data, talk and text while on the Sprint network AND G Pad F 7.0 on Sprint Easy Pay3 with 1GB of Data per month
- For only $954 per month and $0 down, purchase LG G Flex2 with Sprint Easy Pay with unlimited data, talk and text while on the Sprint network AND G Pad F 7.0 with 1GB of Data per month
In addition, the device can be purchased on its own with Sprint Easy PaySM. Well-qualified buyers can get it with $0 down, no finance fees and 24 easy monthly payments of $10 (SRP: $240; excluding taxes). The robust tablet will be sold in all Sprint retail channels including www.sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1.
G Pad F 7.0 sports a sleek and lightweight unibody design that fits comfortably into the palm of your hand. It has a 7-inch WXGA IPS display that provides sharp images with true-to-life color. It boasts a Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 410 1.2GHZ quad-core processor to enable easy multitasking.
With LG Q Pair™, G Pad F 7.0 partners with any smartphone running the Android™ operating system6 to seamlessly receive and reply to notifications. For example, customers can receive and respond to SMS and MMS messages and even answer an incoming call using the tablet’s speaker. G Pad F 7.0 also features Peel, an app that allows the tablet to perform like a smart remote to control a TV or DVR with additional controls tying in social media to enhance the viewing experience.
Key features of the device include:
- LG’s visually pleasing user interface is designed with flat icons that are grouped together for simple and smart navigation.
- Knock Code allows users to customize a three to eight pattern knock combination to wake and unlock their G Pad F 7.0 with just one hand. With more than 86,000 different combination patterns, G Pad F 7.0 helps users feel safe about their privacy on the go.
- Gesture Shot lets users take a selfie with the front-facing camera using a simple hand movement to activate a countdown.
- SmartShare Beam lets users share music, videos, photos and documents to other compatible devices.
- Dual Window splits the display into two panels, each with a view of different apps for effective and efficient multitasking on the go.
- Users have access to Sprint’s 4G LTE network and Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n.
- Operating system: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM / Micro SD Slot (up to 128GB)
- Battery: 4,000mAh
- Camera: 5-megapixel rear-facing camera / 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Two color options – white is available on March 13 and black will arrive in stores on April 10.