The LG G4 has definitely been one of the most widely-loved Android flagships this year, and now LG has introducing a mid-range variant of the device to be launched in Europe, Latin America, and other non-US markets. The LG G4 Beat packs the same form-factor as its much more powerful older brother, but has specs that make set it apart as a completely different device intended for a different audience…
Deal: Get Pixelbook at 25% off: $750!
The LG G4 Beat has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 system-on-a-chip, a 5.2-inch 1080p IPS LCD coming in at 423 ppi, 8 GB of flash storage, a lowly 1.5 GB of RAM, a 2,300 mAh battery, and the usual connectivity interfaces. The camera is definitely not as capable as the stellar set up of the LG G4, but the phone packs an 8-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-megapixel front shooter. The phone does have a color spectrum sensor, the famed manual mode, and gesture interval shot.
The phone has physical dimensions of 142.7 x 72.6 x 9.85mm, weighs 139 grams, and comes in three colors: Metallic Silver, Ceramic White, and Shiny Gold. The phone is currently planned to be coming to countries in Europe and Latin America, specifically France, Germany, and Brazil. Following this, the phone will be launching in other global markets including Canada, India, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, and others.
SEOUL, July 9, 2015 — LG Electronics (LG) officially unveiled its newest variant of its widely praised LG G4 flagship smartphone. The LG G4 Beat1 retains the best features and functions of the LG G4, delivering value without compromising performance or usability. The LG G4 Beat will make its debut this month in key markets in Europe and Latin America, including France, Germany and Brazil before rolling out globally in markets such as Canada, India, Russia, Singapore, South Africa and Turkey, among others.
The LG G4 Beat comes with a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS Display, which is clearer, sharper and more responsive than anything offered by LG before in this category. A powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 processor running eight cores at 1.5GHz with integrated 4G LTE delivers an optimal balance of power, performance and battery life.
LG G4 Beat’s camera features are equally as impressive as the hardware. On the back is a 8MP camera 2, supported by LG’s exclusive Color Spectrum Sensor and Laser Auto Focus. Manual Mode, one of the most acclaimed features in the G4, allows full creative control over every detail in each shot. LG also enhanced the 5MP front-facing shooter with Gesture Interval Shot to allow users to take four consecutive selfies with a single hand gesture, increasing the odds of capturing that perfect shot.
“Too often, mid-tier phones sacrifice overall usability in order to include that one killer feature,” said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “Our goal with the LG G4 Beat was to create a phone that was not only well- balanced in terms of display, camera, performance and design but delivered terrific value and satisfaction.”
Highlights and Features of the LG G4 Beat are:
- High Performance Multimedia made possible by a powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 Processor with Octa-Core performance and speed, which can handle Full HD 1080p playback at 60fps and capture at 30fps.
- Color Spectrum Sensor to measure the exact RGB and infrared values of ambient light and objects, resulting in colors that are truer to nature.
- Manual Mode to give users fine control over every detail of a shot, including shutter speed, ISO, exposure and white balance.
- Gesture Interval Shot improves on the original Gesture Shot by increasing the chance of getting that perfect shot even under challenging
Prices and details of availability will be announced locally at the time of launch.
Key Specifications 3:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 Processor
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD (1920 x 1080, 423ppi)
- Memory: 8GB eMMC ROM / 1.5GB RAM
- Camera: Rear 8MP LDAF (13MP in Latin America) / Front 5MP
- Battery: 2,300mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Size: 142.7 x 72.6 x 9.85mm
- Weight: 139g
- Network: 4G LTE / HSPA+ 42.2Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / A-GPS / Glonass / USB 2.0
- Colors: Metallic Silver / Ceramic White / Shiny Gold
- Other: In-Cell Touch / Color Spectrum Sensor / Gesture Interval Shot / Full HD 1080p Video