Cyanogen has announced that its most recent update, Cyanogen OS 12.1, is rolling out now to OnePlus One owners as an over-the-air update. The initial launch has been slightly delayed, but it’s finally here and you should see it available to download over the coming days. Cyanogen OS 12.1 is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop and comes with a promising list of updates. From looking at the update, it seems Cyanogen is really going for productivity and performance over anything else. Those updates include:
- Smarter Screen – LiveDisplay is a new feature that adjusts the light spectrum coming from the screen based on the time of day and the environmental conditions. It’s not just about brightness levels. In bright sunlight, the screen boosts contrast and saturation to make it easier to see. At night it reduces the blue light which has been proven to stimulate and make it harder for people to get to sleep. LiveDisplay also helps reduce battery drain and increases hardware acceleration.
- Calendar and Email – With an experience powered by Boxer, the calendar and email accounts work together. All meetings and events from your email addresses will show up in one calendar.
- New Browser – Pages load faster, it uses less memory and saves passwords for websites securely. Cyanogen boasts that this new browser is 1.69 times faster than Chrome.
- Launcher Redesigned – Cyanogen has redesigned the user interface for folders and the app drawer to make them better for one-handed-use. The company notes that it’s also less cluttered, and more visually appealing.
- Audio Improvements – Cyanogen has improved the user interface in AudioFX to make it consistent across all devices. What’s more, the company has also increased the number of video and audio codecs supported.
If you’re a OnePlus One user, check our settings for an update and let us know how you get on with the revamped software. Cyanogen states that customers with Andromax Q, Yureka, Yureka Plus or Yuphoria handsets will be getting the update too, but not until a later date.