In this week’s top stories: We go hands-on with the Galaxy Note 7, more 2016 Nexus leaks surface, Google releases its Duo video messaging app, and much more.
Best iPhone, iPad, & Apple TV game controllers
We kick off this week’s top stories with a couple new 2016 Nexus leaks showing off the device’s rear glass, fingerprint sensor, and a metal & glass body.
We went hands-on with the new Galaxy Note 7 as the first reviews for the much anticipated device rolled in this week. And Google launched its new Duo video chat app for Android and iOS that it first showed off earlier this year during Google I/O.
Head below for these and more of our top shared stories from the past week:
- 2016 Nexus w/ rear glass and fingerprint sensor seemingly shown off in first leaked image
- More new images show off the 2016 Nexus ‘Sailfish’ and its metal & glass body
- It’s Samsung Galaxy Note 7 day, so is this thing worth buying?
- Canadian carrier Telus says Android N is launching on August 22 for Nexus 5X, 6P
- Just like the S7/edge, Samsung’s new Note 7 is barely repairable
- Report compares Android OEMs: Motorola fastest w/updates, Sony lowest crash rate
- Huawei’s glass-backed, dual-camera, & well-specced Honor 8 is officially coming to the US
Alphabet | GOOG |
- Google is working on ‘Fuchsia,’ a new operating system that isn’t based on Linux
- In-browser Chrome Apps will be phased out from Mac, Windows, and Linux by 2018
- Latest Gartner data shows iOS vs Android battle shaping up much like Mac vs Windows
- Google Duo will be available later today on Android and iOS (Update: Now live)
- Hangouts isn’t going anywhere, will shift focus to enterprise following Allo and Duo releases
- Google’s Allo will let you delete messages from chat history, includes hilarious sticker packs
- Android Pay will soon show users where the NFC chip is on various smartphones
- Inbox is now enabled by default for Education and Non-profit Google Apps customers
- Google Drive web app gets a slight revamp, now splits large folder downloads
- Comment: T-Mobile’s ONE plan sounds nice, but it’s really bad for customers
- Latest render gives us a crystal-clear look at the upcoming ZenWatch 3
This week’s top videos |
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 unboxing and review [Video]
- Google continues to push its Photos service with new ad for automatic backup [Video]
- Quick hands-on with the new dual-camera Honor 8 [Video]