Just days after Google’s upcoming Nexus Launcher hit the web, developer Chris Lacy had already brought the look and many of the features into a beta version of his own launcher, Action Launcher 3. Now that beta is no longer a beta, with the full release of Action Launcher 3.9…
The best gifts for Android users
In that beta update, Lacy had brought over the basic look of the Nexus launcher, including the new app drawer as well as the Google “pill” and date widgets. Now that update has graduated from the beta program and has been released to all Action Launcher 3 users, along with some extra goodies. Here’s the full changelog.
New in the September 2016 update:
- Integration of Nexus Launcher’s rumored All Apps drawer. Swipe up on the dock to reveal All Apps.Two new Nexus Launcher inspired style folder types!
- Two new Nexus Launcher inspired style folder types!
- Add tinted dock background.
- Customize the colors of All Apps, folder icons and the dock background via Quicktheme.
- Add caret (^) page indicator.
- Add Google “pill” widget.
- Add date widget.
- Many miscellaneous bug fixes.
So as you can see, these are most of the same features from the beta version of 3.9. That said, we do get a couple new changes such as the ability to theme the colors of folder icons and background of the dock based on your wallpaper via Quicktheme. Most of the bugs found in that beta version have also been fixed.
Action Launcher 3 is free to download over on Google Play.