In designing the Honor 8, the company wanted to make sure that users would have control over as much of the functionality on the phone as possible. One such example of this is the device’s notifications. Honor 8 has a Settings section that allows the user to change which types of notifications they want to receive on an app-by-app basis, and this quick little guide will help you learn how to use it…
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
When you first setup your Honor 8, you might notice that you do receive application notifications, but they aren’t showing up on your lock screen and/or the status bar. This is because not all notifications are turned on by default. Unfortunately, this also means that every time you download a new app from the Google Play Store, you will need to go back in and turn on all of the different notification methods that you might want.
Below are instructions on how to change an application’s notification method:
- Head into the Honor 8’s Settings
- Scroll down to Notification panel & status bar and tap on it
- Tap on Notification center
- You will now have a list of all of the apps on your phone. Tap on any application.
- Toggle on or off the different forms of notification methods that you want the app to have. These notification types include: Status bar, Banners, and Lock screen
With the above five steps, you will be able to customize which notification methods are used for applications on your Honor 8. Currently, there is no way to have your phone turn on or off a method for all apps so you will have to go into each one that is currently installed on your Honor 8 and change it manually.
Make sure to read 9to5Google’s full Honor 8 review and watch our hands-on video below: