OnePlus isn’t known as being the best company in the world when it comes to software updates, but today the Chinese smartphone maker is bringing a pretty notable update to its now almost-two-year-old handset, the OnePlus 2. This update, while it doesn’t bring the much-awaited Android Nougat, does offer VoLTE support for “select carriers” and a plethora of other features…
This update to OxygenOS 3.5.5 brings VoLTE support for some carriers (although we’re not yet sure which ones those are), App Lock, Battery Saving Mode and Gaming Mode, some minor refreshes to the OxygenOS UI across the system and in some apps, bug fixes, and more.
Before you go ahead with this update, there are some things you should know. OnePlus notes that your Google Clock, Calculator, and Messages will be replaced with OnePlus apps if you never updated them — although you can of course download them from the Play Store if you want afterward. OnePlus also notes that a lot of settings will be reset to default after this update.
Here’s the full change log:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
As is usual with OnePlus updates, this is going to be an incremental OTA, meaning your device might not be seeing the update as available quite yet. If you haven’t gotten it yet, though, you should be notified about the update at some point over the next few days.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.