One of the biggest use cases for any home assistant is when you first wake up. It can be used as an alarm, to turn on the lights, and if set up properly, it can even turn on the coffee maker. However, another feature that both Google Home and Amazon Echo have is the ability to help you get going in the morning. So, let’s take a look at how to set up the ‘My Day’ feature on Google Home.
What Does ‘My Day’ Do?
So what can ‘My Day’ do? Using this feature you’ll be able to get local weather information, estimated travel time on your daily commute, hear any calendar events you’ve set, and even get reminded of an upcoming flight. To trigger the feature, just say “Ok Google, tell me about my day.” From there, the device will start the brief prompt about the day ahead. Obviously, this is best used in the morning, but it can be used at any point during the day.
How to set up and manage ‘My Day’
Setting up this feature on Google Home is also pretty easy. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Google Home app on your Android or iOS device
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Verify that your Google Home is linked with your primary Google account. If the account listed is your primary and Google Home options appear below, you’re good to go
- Tap More Settings
- Select My Day
- Tap the checkbox next to the My Day components you’d like to turn off or on
- Weather – local weather based on app location
- Work commute – determined based on fastest route between your location and your preset work address
- Next meeting – pulled from calendar
- Note: Reminders cannot be set on Google Home. The device will pull reminders from what was set through Google Now, Assistant, or Chrome
- Select how the summary will end
- ‘My Day’ can either end with your customized audio news feed, or it can simply end
Learn More About Google Home
- These are the first five things you should do with your new Google Home
- How to link your Netflix, Spotify, and Pandora accounts with Google Home
- How to cast audio from your Android device to Google Home
- Google Home Review: A solid start, but not yet as capable as its Echo archenemy [Video]
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.